2020 GMC Sierra 1500 Towing Capacity
If you’re shopping for a capable pickup truck in the Saskatoon-area, the 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 is a smart choice. With your choice of three powerful engines, different cab configurations, and bed sizes, this is a truck that can serve the needs of a wide variety of Swift Current drivers. So, what’s the GMC Sierra towing capacity? When properly equipped, you can expect a maximum towing capacity of 5,534 kilograms. Learn more about the 2020 GMC Sierra towing capacity and features in this guide from Standard Motors.
How Much Can the GMC Sierra Tow?
The GMC Sierra towing capacity depends on which of the three available engines you choose. Take a look at the towing capability of each engine to find the one that best meets your requirements:
- 4.3L EcoTec3 V6 – 3,493 kilograms
- 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 – 4,491 kilograms
- 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 with Max Trailering Package – 5,171 kilograms
- 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 – 4,218 kilograms
- 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 with Max Trailering Package – 5,534 kilograms
The available ProGrade Trailering System uses high-resolution cameras, integrated smartphone apps, and your Sierra infotainment display, to make towing a boat or trailer on Regina streets easier and safer. ProGrade Trailering System features include:
- In-vehicle trailering app and phone app: These apps allow you to access pre-departure checklists and programmable trailer brake settings, as well as add Trailer Theft Detection and more.
- Trailer Light Sequence Test: Test your trailer lights with this convenient app, all without having to leave the cab.
- Hitch Guidance with Hitch View: This features a dynamic grid line with zoom capability to make hitching your trailer quick and easy.
Available GMC Sierra Towing Features
- Max Trailering Package: This package features an automatic locking rear differential, trailer brake controller, revised shock tuning, heavier-duty rear springs, enhanced cooling radiator, and a 220-amp alternator.
- Trailering Camera Package: With two side view mirror cameras, Kyle drivers will find that it’s easier than ever to change lanes and reverse with your trailer in tow. The available trailer-mounted camera is also a great addition.
- Industry-First Auto Electric Parking Brake Assist: To prevent the vehicle from rolling, this feature will automatically apply the Electronic Parking Brake once the truck is in park.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller: Control buttons on the center console allow you to activate and monitor your trailer brakes.
- Traction Select System with Tow/Haul Mode: This system will adjust the transmission shift points, throttle mapping, and StabiliTrak depending on which drive mode you select.
Find Your New GMC Sierra 1500 Today at Standard Motors
To learn more about the GMC Sierra 1500 towing capacity, available engines, cab configurations, and features, visit Standard Motors today. Whether you’re hauling a boat to Lake Diefenbaker or driving out to one of the great restaurants in Swift Current, we think that you’ll be favorably impressed by all that this well-equipped pickup truck has to offer. Make sure to browse our current offers and incentives and new vehicle specials to save on your next GMC Sierra, and contact us if you have any questions or would like to schedule a test drive. Looking for a heavy-duty truck? Check out the Chevy Silverado 2500HD towing capability.