2021 GMC Sierra Towing Capacity
The GMC Sierra is a rugged truck that delivers the robust capabilities that will come in handy at your Regina job site. How much can the GMC Sierra tow? The 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 towing capacity reaches up to 5,352 kilograms with the available 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine and the Max Trailering Package. Learn more about the GMC Sierra towing capacity and explore Sierra towing features, and then get behind the wheel of this full-size pickup truck at Standard Motors in Swift Current!
How Much Can the GMC Sierra Tow?
The GMC Sierra towing capacity you’ll get on Saskatoon roads will depend on
which configuration you choose.
Sierra SLE, Elevation, and SLT
- Available towing up to 5,352 kilograms
- Available towing up to 4,173 kilograms
- Available towing up to 4,173 kilograms
Some of the options that will determine how much GMC Sierra towing capacity you can expect include:
- Drivetrain: 4WD or 2WD
- Truck Bed Length: Short Box or Standard Box
- Engine Options: 2.7L turbo engine up to a 6.2L ECOTEC3 V8 engine
- Cab Style: Crew Cab or Double Cab
Available GMC Sierra Towing Features
Among the wide variety of Sierra custom options are a number of available features that will boost the GMC Sierra towing capacity. These features include:
- Max Trailering Package: Features an automatic locking rear differential, trailer brake controller, revised shock tuning, heavier-duty rear springs, a radiator cooler, and a 220-amp alternator.
- Trailering Camera Package: Features two side view mirror cameras to assist reversing and changing lanes with a trailer in tow. The available trailer-mounted camera provides even more visibility.
- Industry-First Auto Electric Parking Brake Assist: This feature will automatically apply the Electronic Parking Brake once the truck is in park.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller: Control buttons on the center console allow you to activate and monitor your trailer brakes.
- Traction Select System with Tow/Haul Mode: Adjusts the transmission shift points, throttle mapping, and StabiliTrak depending on which drive mode you select.
Employing an array of high-resolution cameras and integrated smartphone apps, the available ProGrade Trailering System makes towing a trailer or boat easier and safer. The following ProGrade Trailering System features are designed to enhance your Kyle-area towing experience:
- In-vehicle trailering app and phone app: Access pre-departure checklists and programmable trailer brake settings, as well as add Trailer Theft Detection and more.
- Trailer Light Sequence Test: Test your trailer lights without having to leave the cab.
- Hitch Guidance with Hitch View: A dynamic grid line with zoom capability makes hitching your trailer quick and easy.
Test Drive the GMC Sierra Today at Standard Motors
The knowledgeable sales team at Standard Motors will be happy to provide you with all of the details regarding the GMC Sierra towing capacity, available engines, cab configurations, colour options, and more! Note that we also carry a fine selection of used GMC Sierra models, all in excellent condition and affordably priced. If your not sure that the Sierra is the right pickuo truck for you, review our Sierra 1500 vs. Chevy Silverado 1500 comparison, and please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.
More from Standard Motors
Want a compact SUV that can haul a travel trailer or small boat on your next adventure to Lake Diefenbaker? If so, you’ll find that the GMC Terrain towing capacity will serve you well. How much can the new GMC Terrain tow? When properly equipped, the GMC Terrain towing capacity tops out at 1,588 kilograms,…
The GMC Sierra is a rugged truck that delivers the robust capabilities that will come in handy at your Regina job site. How much can the GMC Sierra tow? The 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 towing capacity reaches up to 5,352 kilograms with the available 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine and the Max Trailering Package. Learn…
Searching for a heavy-duty workhorse that delivers the robust towing capability you need on your Regina job site? The Chevy Silverado 3500HD is the truck for you. With its strong engine lineup and exceptional performance specs, the 3500HD is poised to take your truck driving experience to the next level. Learn more about the Chevy…